Couple of days ago I went to Carrefour in the midnight to buy some ingredients for baking(I love shopping at hypermarket cuase they got everything you need.), when I strolled to fresh meat area that I found some chicken breast, chunk beef, sirloin beed something like that are ON SALE. So I started to think what cuisine can I do with these VERY CHEAP chicken breast, let’s find out!
Ladies and gentlemen… let me present to you … the on sale chicken breast!!!!!!
I got these 6 chicken breasts for only $2.99!!! Today I’m going to have 3 recipes here : Chicken stock, Cheesy chicken meatball and grilled chicken cartilage.
On the right plate is the unprocessed chicken breast. On the left one is the deboned chicken breast.
First, we are going to make Chicken stock.
- 6 chicken breast(deboned)
- 2 sticks celery , chopped
- 2 medium onions , chopped
- 1 medium carrots , chopped
- 1 bay leaves
- 1 sprigs of parsley
- 5 cups cold water
- Put the leftover bones into a large,deep-bottomed pot. Add all the vegetables and spices.
2. If you have a pressure cooker, look the lid well then cook for 10 MINS. Release the pressure before open the lid!
If you are not going to use a pressure cooker, then add the water and bring to the boil, immediately reduce the heat to a simmer. Continue to simmer gently for 3-4 hours.
3. Remove all the ingredients with a slotted spoon, then strain the stock through a fine sieve. Allow to cool for at least an hour then refrigerate. Store in refrigerator for 2 to 3 days or in freezer for up to 2-3 months.
Cheesy chicken meatball
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts (or 1 lbs ground chicken)
- 1 large egg york
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 all-purpose flour
- 4 tbs soysauce
- 2 ounces grated parmesan
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt (for taste)
- 1/2 tbs oregano
- 1/2 tbs basil
- 3/4 tbs ground garlic
- Mozzarella cheese sticks, each cut into pieces
Place the chicken and 1 tsp kosher salt in the bowl of a food processor and blend it to sticky.
Cut the mozzarella sticks into small pieces.
Add in the rest of ingredients of A zone first, well mixed then add the spices of B zone.
Use the ice cream scoop to firm a ball or wet your hands to firm one. Shape half of the meatball and put 1 piece of cheese in.
Heat the saucepan with olive oil and fry the meatballs till they are golden browned on all side and cooked through.
grilled chicken cartilage
- Processed chicken cartilage
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbs Vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350ºF /180ºC
- Combine all the ingredients then place on the baking tray.
- Bake for 10-15 mins.